Monday, September 10, 2012

Fabric House challenge

The other challenge for our Celebration quilt show was to make a fabric house. This was my entry
Front view
Back view
I constructed it using Pelmet Vilene for the base to stabalise it, with a layer of batting and fabric on top. I just love NZ fabrics, and had lots of fun creating my 'kiwiana cottage'. Would love to have a holiday bach like this ;-)
Here are some shots of other houses in the fabric village display.
The black boxes were for the public to vote by gold coin for their favourite.
Liz won with her smurf house and also got third(detailed shots of the houses she made here)
The Gingerbread house (back view above) got second.
If you fancy making a house of your own, here's a couple of links ::
Debbi Crane's Little Pink House of Cards  
Chris Gray has been making beautiful stuffed and stitched houses.
Also, the theme for August at The Sketchbook Challenge blog has been shelter - so a few houses appearing there too.
More about the quilt show to come....

6 comments:

  1. Lynette your fabric house is so beautiful and creatively made, I also would love a beach house like this, great fabrics you used for it

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your house should have won Lyn - it's such a kiwi icon and so beautifully made (I had a close up peek)!!
    Love the Nikau with the tui sitting amongst the pohutukawa flowers!
    They are fabulous fabrics aren't they!
    xox
    Shane


    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing!! What a gorgeous project!! I LOVE it LOVE LOVE LOVE

    xx Tessa

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cool idea! I'm glad you got to make a house! Thanks for the links too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant Lynette, such a great choice of fabrics (I have the paua shell one two, from 15 odd years ago I think!) LOVE your house, you are so clever! Mx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...