Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Fun Flowers

Another fun creative jumpstart came from Catherine Matthews-Scanlon. She showed 3 different techniques for working in your journal and you can see the examples she created here.
I had a go at the first where you blend a variety of watercolours and then see what you can see. Here's the start with my initial flowers drawn in.
And here's my completed page. 
I'm too much about colour to shade out the background with gesso as she did, and I like my resulting page. The colour details were added using my inktense and graphitint watercolour pencils. The Jumpstarts are great to inspire and see where you can take them.
See Catherine's Jumpstart from 2012 here on vimeo.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful results. Can't wait to begin watching the videos again.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...