Friday, February 28, 2014

Farewell February and a new stencil

I'm not finishing much to post lately except calendar journaling pages...at least I am managing 10 minutes art a day. I am stitching as well - just not quite ready to show you that. I bought the large 12 x 12 peacock feather crafters workshop stencil last February and love and have used it often ::
Gelli plate printing
Art journal page
Gelli printed tapes
Last weekend I went to the Craft Fair here in Palmerston North, and found the 6 x 6 version of that stencil. This was a thrifty purchase - not very expensive, and justified because I know it will get lots of use. I came home and used it straight away in my journal with watercolour pencils. 

Started with my inktense pencils and then added some of the graphitint as well - both are watersoluble.
Then removed the stencil and added water for a soft look.
I then used the pencils again to colour the Friday heading and add journal circles. I really like this start to the page. I already had the stitching from the previous page (check out my previous post) and wanted to add more framed journaling spots
so added some stamps
I've been using my sakura metallic pens lately, and had neglected to use my glaze pens. This week I remedied that - the shot above shows their lovely dimension - especially if you click on the photo to enlarge it. Check out these 2 great posts by A Penchant for Paper and Daisy Yellow for more information about the lovely sakura range of pens.
I used them as a rainbow for the Tuesday heading as well, but the purple pen I used here is from Smiggle. Used the peacock feather stencil in yet another way : 
Here's the end of the week, and since today is the end of the month, I finished by journaling onto the next page.  
See you again in March :-)
You can see all my calendar journaling pages in my flickr set HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...