Friday, August 8, 2014

Watercolour Calendar Journaling

My next spread started with an old gelli print on deli paper stuck to the page which I then wrote over with white ink. I really enjoy that effect of light over dark.
I was working on my banner, and when I applied gold paint, I decided to use that stencil and paint in my journal as well.
Click on any photo to see it larger.
If you read these words from early July
I wasn't far off returning to blogging :-)
I started doodling over the initial stencilled image, and eventually made it my own.
The found words are a reminder to myself.
Since this is a watercolour journal, I like to try different ideas with watercolours. The next page started using a derwent inktense watercolour pencil for the heading and curly border which I then ran over lightly with a water brush. I filled in the background with watercolour paint. You can see the other gold painted partial stencil design behind on the left.
The rest of the page came together nicely with some watercolours in the background again. And I finished my fabric banner :-)
You can see all my calendar journal pages in my flickr set HERE.

2 comments:

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...