Friday, August 29, 2014

Watercolour Calendar Journaling

I'm still working in my watercolour journal that I shared HERE and the altered cover is HERE. I started this week's spread with a sentence of found text that I thought would be fun to answer :
I finished another envelope and was noting (again!) my desire to stitch more...It was my husband's birthday the week I did this spread, so I was able to add an appropriate stencil - found in the cake decorating aisle!
I loved the previous spread but it was a hard act to follow when I wasn't feeling my best 
I decided that I didn't like all the white background on my page, so I decided to add some spray through punchinella - this is the second page which I used to soak up the extra ink
and the left hand page was a little more interesting in places, and a little harder to read in others! Oh well - it's all learning. Overall I like it better than it was (sorry no photo of the plain white background)
click on any photo to see it larger
I was working on my last envelope for "me time messages" and hadn't put my open calendar diary far enough away so had to blend some oversprayed colour...obviously this was my week to to be taught more than one lesson!
Don't mind the effect though...just go with it. It's not as hard to read as the photo suggests
The other page needed a bit of flower power I thought, so I sprayed some ink on the page first, and added some flower doodling
I was working on my "me time messages project" - I remembered to print out and put in photos of the completed sides of envelope #4, but had to add envelope #5 as a flip out - like the different effects
Another birthday that week - I like taking photos of the kids with their present line up
Ended up with another colourful and "somewhat" arty spread.
You can see all my calendar journal pages in my flickr set HERE.

1 comment:

  1. Just wanted to say hello, Lynette. I'm delighted to find such a talented artist blog to follow, especially from someone who doesn't live too far away from me. I'm a real newbie to art of all kinds and have just started to keep a blog (a lot to learn there too!)
    Deb from Masterton www.cabbagetreecottage.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...