Thursday, January 29, 2015

Week 4 : DLP 2015

Information about the Documented Life Project is HERE.
Love how these challenges can create such joy. The minute I read "Words with friends" I immediately thought of my lovely friend Philippa - full of laughter, a kindred creative spirit, an articulate and talented poet, with a great love of traveling to Paris. I made her a journal for her first trip in 2010 - see it HERE. I can't think of her without thinking of poetry & Paris, so they were how this spread began and evolved....My limited colour palette was inspired by this postcard which she had sent me from Paris
First layer was torn book pages from a French novel, followed by a layer of watersoluble crayons, then gesso brayered over (as I had started with my first spread for this project)
Since my colours have been so vibrant for my first few spreads, I decided to keep it more muted this time. There's also a layer of background stamping added (French words) 
Stage 2 - I rubbed some distress inks through stencils for the Eiffel Tower and Fleur de Lis. Created my daily journaling spots with a fleur de lis border stamp and some pretty red spotty tape that "says" french to me.
click on any photo to see it larger
I added some more stamping, but the woman in the bottom corner did not turn out as well as I hoped (I was thinking Moulin Rouge dancer here).
I wanted to include one of Philippa's poems and went with one of my favourites - it is a great way to live, and so much how she is. 
Happily when I typed it up, one of the options for the font was "French script" - a theme can guide your choices as far as you like :-)
I printed the poem and a scan of the stamp that didn't work onto an inkjet transparency. I use this brand :
I taped them down and also placed pieces of tape around the page to tie it all together
Very happy with the completed spread.
You can see all my posts about this project HERE and I've created a Flickr album for all my Documented Life 2015 spreads HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...