Sunday, June 7, 2015

Knitted headband

1st June = first day of winter in New Zealand. I love to walk on the beach whatever the weather. I wanted something to cover my ears and keep my hair from blowing in my eyes. I do have a hat that does the job, but this girl likes to have alternatives ;-) When I saw knitted headbands, I decided I would love one for me.
I used thick variegated wool in my favourite paua colour, and knitted the headband, then crocheted around the edge and added a crochet flower. 
It's fastened with a button at the back
It keeps my ears warm, and my hair somewhat under control when it's windy, without having the full coverage of a hat when it's sunny
I love how the variegated colours have stitched out
and now I'm all set for our next trip out to the beach
Happy weekend to you. Hope the sun is shining where you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...