Monday, July 13, 2015

Butterfly cross stitch finished

I'm done with cross stitching butterflies  - I bought some lovely coloured linen and thread on our South Island holiday last year
I wanted to be inspired by this pattern but not create it exactly the same
I aimed for completion in November and worked on it sporadically....last school holidays (April) I was able to share a little more, but my interest was decreasing and I decided that if I was going to get it done, I had to limit my expectations, so I bought a smaller 8"x10" canvas for mounting it.
Now the stitching is finished, but it doesn't make my heart sing
I wondered if I would like it better on the canvas so I attached it
but I don't, even though I like the effect of the wings coming around the edge
So I took it off the canvas again and I'm left looking at this and wondering what next
I still love the colour of the linen and the variegated thread, and I always love butterflies, but I'm not sure where this is going to end up. I suspect that what will make me happiest is to cut out individual butterflies and incorporate them into other mixed media projects....
Do you have any creative ideas for this? I'd love to hear your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...