Saturday, February 20, 2016

LB2016 : The Art of black and white

In week 7 when Tam offered a bonus lesson for Life Book 2016 which was "Build your dream and affirmation board", Donna Downey also presented a bonus lesson called "The Art of black and white". When I saw others in the group doing portraits, I became inspired and today it was time for me to take a breath and give it a try. 
I used acrylic paint for the most part - white, payne's grey, and black, with the addition of black (posca) and white (sharpie) paint pens for facial details and a couple of stamps with staz-on ink for final touches. I love the way the words on my old book pages (my art journal) create another layer of texture and interest on her face. Here are my progress photos 
I love colour, but I'm surprisingly pleased with how she turned out :-)
Click on the photo to see it larger, and go HERE to see my Flickr album of all my Life Book 2016 projects. 
Love the contrast of both lessons from Week 7 beside each other in my journal.
You can see all my posts about Life Book this year HERE.

1 comment:

  1. Love your monochrome portrait, Lynette! The stamps marks look great and enhance it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...