Thursday, May 4, 2017

ALL of me this week

Happy May Days. We are entering the last month of Autumn for us - leaves are changing colour, temperatures are dropping but still mainly sunny days so far....I've started the first week of our new term with highs and lows and not much finished art, although I'm working on a couple of things I just can't share properly yet....
Instead I thought I'd share some of what's going on in my life around the art.... High - my eldest (#10) made it into the top Basketball team at his high school and they won their first tournament in the holidays. Looking forward to watching live basketball for the next 2 terms on Wednesday and Friday nights.
Low - farewelling a friend at a funeral during the week. Be grateful for every day - hold the people you love close and tell them how you really feel about them ♥
Busy - I am running a Book Week at our school next week - loads of activities that launches tomorrow with a school quiz. It has been a lot of work and I've felt overwhelmed at times, but it is going to be so worth it....finishing with a book character dress-up day next Friday.
I don't know what I'm thinking, but in that same week I decided I'd join in with this even though I'm so busy, and I'll be wearing my Joy in Autumn!
I did her original "Wear your joy" class at the beginning of last year when I won a free pass for a month to Brave Girls University. Although it's not currently available there, if you join this "Spring" offering Kelly offers a 50% discount to the original class - you'll get the discount code with your confirmation emailYou can read about my experiences of that original class HERE.
High - I'm teaching again soon...my star book class locally later in the month
and also a fabric book class in early July. Will share more closer to the time.
Happy that Book of Days Session 2 has started, there's a new challenge up for One Little Word, and I'm continuing to write and explore in my Inner Work Journal. More of all of that after Book Week! I'm also running Craft Club at school this term - starts Week 3 and I'll share our project as it happens : we're going to make a book out of recycled materials.
Celebrating : we are spending this weekend with lovely people staying with us for my father-in-law's 80th birthday. AND I've got an "0" birthday coming up next month! Can't believe I'm reaching it, but planning a bit of a do to celebrate so quite excited.
Hope you have a weekend of love & laughter as I hope to. Talk to you again soon...with art I hope ♥

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you're extremely busy, Lynette! When do you find the time to do all these things? So sorry to hear about your friend - things like that just put things into perspective, don't they, and all our little problems seem so irrelevant and unimportant. Your son looks so strapping! He must be the tallest in his team!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...