Saturday, November 18, 2017

Pretty Decorated Jars

Recently I did a post thinking about what to sign up for in 2018 and came to the conclusion that I have signed up for sooooo many things in the past that I haven't finished (or sometimes started!) that I don't need to add much new to my list for next year. One idea I like is to have 2 Inspiration Jars which I can dip into when I can't decide which project to do next. One will be a jar that is fabric and fibre focused (including quilts, embroidery, mixed media fabric art, bags) and the other which is paint and paper focused (art journaling, canvas, lettering, wood, book making, cards). I bought 2 cheap apothecary-style food storage jars from The Warehouse - with a wide neck so I can get my hand in easily.
Then I wrapped them with suitable materials so they won't need labels. I used some of my Great Grandmother's lace for the fabric and fibre jar
The leaf pattern looks quite modern to me. And for the paint and paper jar I used a piece of tracing paper with alcohol ink pattern from a play day last year
It still has a lovely transparent look on the jar. I just used double-sided tape to attach everything. These are a fun idea for an easy present - decorate your jar and fill it with lovely baked goodies or special ribbons/washi tapes/crafty goods. 
Glass jars like these could also hold a candle. 
My pretty project jars are sitting on the shelf above my computer to inspire me to create instead of sit looking at others' creations! 
And if that idea doesn't work, they can be gifted or used for crafty storage ♥ 
Hope this post inspires you to go and create something this weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely idea! They look wonderful on your shelf - I especially like the one with the candle in it -I'm crazy about anything light-up! Lights make things look magical!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep - love Christmas lights and candles. Only downer about Christmas in Summer - doesn't get dark enough until really late to show off the lights ♥ Very cute houses on your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...